1. What are the effects that climate change is producing in our environment? Climate change is understood as the modification of climate variables whose effects are manifested in an increase of earth’s average temperature (global warming), a rise in sea level, the perpetual thawing of glaciers, and an increase of the temperature of the sea. These are the main effects that are being detecting, according to the last scientific reports, as consequence of the change climate. This can have some dire consequences for life on Earth as we know now.
2. what benefits provide the use of energies renewable for the environment? One of the main factors favouring the increase of problems by climate change is the increase in the average temperature of the Earth, caused mainly by the increase in the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. The use of renewable technologies favours reducing the consumption of fossil fuels for electricity generation, with which we can reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases in both energy production and the use of such energy for transportation by use of electric vehicles.
3. What can you do from the industry to improve the quality of the environment in the coming years? Reduce energy consumption by implementing energy efficiency policies, the use of renewable technologies for energy generation in the form of self-consumption; reduce the generation of waste through the study of projects not only from the technical and economic point of view but also by including environmental variables in the construction, operation and maintenance of any industry. A study of the carbon footprint and the water footprint are some of the aspects that could be improved at the industry level in the coming years.
4. Why are Bester projects 100% sustainable? In order for our impact on the atmosphere and the environment be neutral, we maintain a system of Control of the emissions of greenhouse gas (ISO 14064) on all our activities, EPC, or&M, offices, business trips. Once identified the main emission sources, they are reduced to maximum using management systems for quality (ISO 9001) and environment (ISO 14001), through which we evaluated suppliers who have a better environmental performance, they use materials in accordance with the Sustainable Industrial policy of the EU and are positively valued by the heads of the different productive Areas according to their participation and collaboration in the execution of our projects. The process ends with the audit and certification of the accounting of emissions which we neutralize using CERs (Certified Emission Reductions) obtained through the CDM (Clean Development Mechanism), which we acquired in the trade system of Emissions of the European Union (EU ETS). In this way we can guarantee that the activity of Bester is sustainable since its possible impact in the atmosphere has been neutralized, leaving our clients ER plants which in turn continue reducing emissions globally in its own power generation activity.
5. With what type of certifications has Bester to guarantee the quality environmental of their projects? From the point of view of the certifications Bester is audited annually by Bureau Veritas on the following standards:
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001:2004
- ISO 14064-1
- OHSAS 18001:2007
On the other hand we belong to the international consortium for sustainable management of waste resulting from solar Pv Cycle. We are registered in the national registry of projects calculation, reduction and compensation of carbon footprint. We collaborate with the Andalusian system of compensation of emissions. Bester offset emissions generated by their activity by the voluntary purchase of carbon through the enterprise Sendeco2 credits. The origin of energy consuming Bester in the development of its activity come from 100% renewable energy and they are verified by certificates of origin of the marketer that supplies.
6. What is the carbon footprint? The carbon footprint is the set of greenhouse gas generated by any individual or organization in the development of its activity directly or indirectly. It is calculated by the data of consumption or activity multiplied by the emission factor associated with the activity. It is expressed in equivalent tons of Co2.
7. And the water footprint? The water footprint is defined as the total volume of water consumed by any individual or organization for the development of its activity and in the generation of its products and services. It is calculated using the classification of the different types of water: blue water, green water and grey water, as well as distinguishing between indirect and direct water footprint. It is expressed in m3 for individual, organization, or country.
8. What is the commitment of Bester towards the reduction of emissions of CO2? The policy given from top management is clear in terms of the commitment of Bester on the reduction of the emission of greenhouse gases. Reducing our carbon footprint is a strategic objective of the company and so all the resources needed to achieve this are provided. Not only is this reflected in the company policy, but in all aspects of the behavior of the company and its employees, which also add to the emissions reduction effort.
- Some of the employees use 100% renewable energy in their homes.
- Through the consumption of renewable energy in their homes, they are working with companies that only sell energy from certified renewable sources.
9. Why bet on a project of Bester? Bester, born in 2010 with the aim of becoming a reference in the sector of renewable and sustainable development, and after almost 6 years of life, we are still counting with the support of our initial clients and new ones that join each year to our tros projects in different countries. Bester is synonymous of quality, sustainability, commitment. Our projects always meet the criteria of time, cost, scope, quality and the environment to the environment, since, to assess environmental issues such as carbon footprint, we provide hard to find competitive added value.
10. According to your opinion, would believe that shall be fulfilled the objectives set by the European Union reduce 2030 at least one 40% with respect to 1990 greenhouse gas emissions? It will depend on the effort that are able to carry out Government policy, economic and informational. With a regulation that promotes development of the ER, the sector will grow and the energy mix of power generation at European level, may be modified by what GHG emissions would be reduced significantly. Companies from the adaptive and economical point of view: If the companies are able to apply measures of energy saving and efficiency, autoconsumo from sources of renewable energy and circular economy, efocando your cre also it would get reductions notable. Citizens from the social point of view as cornerstones of the demand and consumption of products and services: these are they who must bring out the priorities that have as to the origin of the energy consumed, their life habits and needs Royal with respect to everything that consumed and GHG emissions that are generated. Not only to assess such products and services by its economic value and quality, but incorporate the environmental cost which has the manufacture of such products, to really be able to know and in an objective way to evaluate the impact generated by the consumption of a product or another from the point of view of carbon footprint, the water footprint or waste of its manufacturing cost. But I like to be optimistic about the change that is taking place in society and I venture to say that Yes, the objectives are achieved.