Self-consumption is a system of alternative energy production characterized by giving us the ability to produce and consume our own energy. Today, we interview to Javier Doyega, responsible of self-consumption business line in Bester, multinational company that is a leader in renewable energy sector. Javier tells us what it is self-consumption and how it works and how Bester operates in this kind of projects.
What are the main benefits of self-consumption?
- Cost savings, ensuring a fixed price of energy produced in 25 years.
- Self-consumption, as distributed power generation, promotes energy efficiency, since it is estimated that 10% to 12% of our total net electricity is lost during transmission and distribution. With self-consumption, energy is produced and consumed in the same spot.
- Promotion of renewable energy with increased industrial activity and its subsidiary companies (installation, maintenance, etc.) with the consequent generation of employment and wealth for the country.
- Awareness of responsible consumption, as a result of producing of one´s own electricity; it is easier to raise consumer awareness of electricity cost and assume the goal of saving energy.
- Progress in meeting Spain’s environmental objectives and energy savings, thus reducing air pollution and emissions of greenhouse gases, contributing to environmental improvement as well.
- Isolated populations have a secure supply thanks to the self-consumption, forgetting about annoying diesel generators.
In short, our own energy production and consumption will be a revolution that will bring great benefits to both users and for the entire Spanish energy system.
How does this system of alternative energy production work?
The self-consumption installations are defined as those installations that are connected to the grid or off-grid that are capable of producing energy on its own, outside of the network supply, and also be able to consume locally produced energy, or part of it. This energy generation installation is typically an installation of renewable energy, usually solar photovoltaic, and its operation is simple, consisting of solar panels supported by a structure, an inverter that converts the direct current into alternating current, and associated electrical wiring.
What guarantees does Bester offer in its self-consumption project?
- PV modules: 10 years on material, 10 years 90% power, 25 years 80% power in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Investors: 2 years, according to the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Other parts of the plant: 2 years on mounting parts and assembly.
What is the planning and installation process of the self-consumption systems offered by Bester?
In just 10 steps the installation is running:
1. REQUEST INFORMATION
- Site address
- Invoices consumption for 1 year
- Load curves, must be asked for at energy Distribution Company
- Technical project of roof:
- Installation surface available
- Roof slope
- Roof construction materials
- Roof approximate years
2. CUSTOMER INFORMATION REQUEST
3. CONDUCTING FEASIBILITY STUDY
4. VISIT FROM SALES AGENT: TECHNICAL PROJECT SUPPLY AND SAVINGS PLAN (BUSINESS PLAN)
5. FOLLOWING OF PROJECT – APPROVAL.
6. VISIT FROM SALES AGENT: CONTRACT SIGNING
7. PLANNING MADE FOR PROJECT EXECUTION
8. LEGALIZATION OF INSTALLATION
10. COMMISSIONING AND RECEPTION
In how long can a client have installed the self-consumption system?
Self-consumption installations are quick to install. It will be operational in less than 15 days from the signing of the contract. The duration of administrative procedures for the legalization of the installation depends on the agencies involved.
As the responsible for self-consumption, can you explain Bester’s objectives when considering this new service are?
The aim of Bester is to provide the largest number of self-consumption projects and promote savings to businesses and individuals. All those involved are getting both economic and environmental benefits, and self-consumption is promoting employment and development in the Renewable energy sector.
Who can benefit from an installation of self-consumption?
All employers or individuals who have space on their roof or floor to install the photovoltaic modules and a part of their consumption are in daylight hours. Off-grid photovoltaic installations are the most favored since they do not pay power terms, energy, or taxes for the use of its energy production.
What advice would you give the customer that wants this energy system?
To contact with Bester, and we will advise you objectively and without obligation and will make a feasibility study of your generation installation in order to maximize savings.
How are Bester projects different from those of other renewable energy companies?
Bester is a company with proven expertise in the sector, our facilities are top quality, and we also fulfill our commitments. The customer benefit is also our benefit.