EPC is the acronym for Engineering, Procurement and Construction , a term widely used in the construction sector, and in the case of Bester in the renewable energy sector.
The EPC contract indicates that the client has chosen Bester as the EPC contractor for the installation design, necessary supplies (materials and equipment), construction and commissioning of the renewable energy project; in other words, a 100% functional installation.
The term EPC is used as synonymous with “turnkey” mode, providing a complete service to the client, since the EPC contractor coordinates throughout the execution of the project from engineering to commissioning underway, assumes the responsibility for the installation. Bester even offers 2 years warranty to ensure the correct operation of the installation.
The EPC contract is beneficial to the owner because the contractor assumes the risk of construction and other responsibilities, and the economic agreement is done at the beginning of the project, so the client forgets about fluctuations in the price of materials or possible adversities that may arise to throughout the contract work. Also, the client delegates to the contractor all efforts related to the whole of the project and installation.
Other advantages of turnkey or EPC mode
- Coordination of all works by Bester, a qualified professional of the sector, with extensive experience, and knows the market, thus ensuring that its resources and those outsourced are ideal in terms of quality and performance.
- Fast execution without losing any quality in the process, thanks to the coordination mentioned above.
- The cliente-Epc-Contractor communication is fast, because there is only one interlocutor specializing in materials.
- Cheaper than hiring various agents or suppliers separately.
- It minimizes the risk of investment, since Bester has maximum guarantees, providing a very rigorous feasibility, which generates no deviations.
Author: Department of Engineering of Bester.